CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
1. A Master’s degree in counseling, guidance, social work or related field.
2. Valid certification or license in guidance, social work or related field.
3. Prior experience in teaching, guidance, counseling, or related fields is preferred.
4. Prior experience in a school setting is desired.
5. One year in wage earning experience other than teaching or counseling, which may be
The counselor is responsible to help students attain their maximum
personal, social and educational potential. The counselor will provide
students with responsive services, individual planning and advisement in
matters of self-understanding, responsible decision-making, and life
planning. The counselor oversees implementation of the comprehensive
developmental guidance plan for the school.
1. Ability to do appropriate reading, writing, math, reasoning and understanding of policies
and procedures and related information, and to follow verbal or demonstrated instructions.
2. Physical ability to perform all necessary duties, including reaching, lifting, eye-hand
coordination, sitting and stooping.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Develops, implements, and evaluates the appropriate levels of the K-8 comprehensive developmental guidance plan as required by law with the superintendent and/or his/her designee.
2. Conducts guidance and counseling activities in response to the needs of students and their parents.
3. Provides for classroom instruction and group developmental guidance education program in accordance with the guidance plan.
4. Makes referrals to appropriate school support services and community agencies.
5. Provides students and parents with awareness and orientation to school programs and services.
6. Works with students and staff to help prepare students in the area of exploring appropriate career goals.
7. Coordinates and facilitates the school=s Student Assistance Team (SAT) as needed.
8. Participates as a member of the Dropout Prevention Team, Crisis Intervention Team (CIT), Pupil Evaluation Team (PET), and District Guidance Team as needed.
9. Maintains student records, and complies with laws and regulations which relate to confidentiality of identifiable student information.
10. Serves as liaison between home and school which builds home/school relationships that support a student's school experience.
11. Provides consultation to staff and parents regarding student learning, student responsibility, and the developmental needs of young adolescents.
12. Consults regularly with administration about school concerns and needs.
13. Screens and reviews all new student records upon entrance to school.
14. Provides orientation to students entering the Middle School and supports student transition to the High School.
15. Monitors student academic progress and recommends appropriate action to students, parents, and staff in identified or assigned cases.
16. Collects, organizes, and analyzes information about individuals through records, tests, interviews, and professional sources to appraise their interests, aptitudes, abilities, and personality characteristics for vocational and educational planning.
17. May be designated according to area of activity such as College Counselor, School Counselor, and Vocational Counselor.
18. Conducts regular public relations activities for the guidance program consistent with the guidance plan.
19. Continues to develop professionally through conferences, institutes, in-service training, and course work.
20. Develops an annual budget for the school=s guidance and counseling program.
21. Provides consultation and training to the advisor/advisee program as may be requested by
22. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with administrators, staff, students, parents, and members of the community.
23. Performs such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by school
administration within the parameters of the comprehensive guidance plan.
LEGAL AND ETHICAL DUTIES:
1. Maintains confidentiality about all aspects of student performance and written and oral records.
2. Demonstrates a respect for the legal and human rights of students.
3. Follows health and safety procedures established by the district.
4. Arrives and departs punctually, notifying appropriate personnel about absences and coverage.
5. Demonstrates loyalty, dependability, integrity, and other ethical standards.
6. Follows the chain of command for various administrative procedures and student or program concerns
Instructional Assistant - Preschool
Instructional Assistants work closely with teachers in the classroom guiding and reinforcing instruction to students in need of support.
All qualified applicants will be reviewed and contacted if chosen to interview.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $12.00 per hour
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Academy at the Farm, an A-rated school, is accepting applications for Extended Day Assistant for grades K-8. These positions are part-time (no benefits) positions, Monday-Friday, not to exceed 29 hours per week. Hours are 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm.